HBLF, AS THE EXCLUSIVE REPRESENTATIVE OF THE EU DIVERSITY CHARTER IN HUNGARY, IS PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE ‘THE BUSINESS FOR DIVERSITY AWARD’ FOR THE FOURTH TIME, WHICH WILL BE PRESENTED AT THE 2021 CHARTER SIGNING CEREMONY.
COMPANIES CAN APPLY IN EACH OF THE 3 CATEGORIES, WE WILL PRESENT 6 AWARDS TO THE WINNERS.
HBLF ‘BUSINESS FOR DIVERSITY AWARD 2021.’
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 29TH OF OCTOBER, 2021
The European Diversity Charter initiative launched in 2004 setting out the European Union guidelines for non-discrimination and pro equal opportunities at the workplace and promoting them among employers. Its purpose to shape attitudes, to commit leaders of organizations to support organizational diversity, while inspiring to the development and re-thinking of HR management.
The HBLF EU Diversity Charter Hungary established in 2016. Our purpose is to further strengthen the commitment of companies to diversity principles. On this occasion, HBLF announces the „Business Life for Diversity Award” for the fourth time in Hungary, which will be presented at the 2021 Charter Signing Ceremony.
Why should I apply?
Winners will have the opportunity to be featured in the EU Diversity Charter’s newsletter. The winners will have the opportunity to present their initiatives and achievements at the award ceremony. We will provide free admission to certain HBLF events for the year 2022.
- Small and medium-sized enterprises (total number of employees less than 250, annual net sales of HUF 50 billion (2020) or less)
- Large enterprise (total number of employees over 250, annual net turnover HUF 50+ billion (2020))
Candidates can apply in the categories under the following conditions:
- organized an event/initiative during Diversity Month in 2021 (3-31 May 2021),
- one diversity-themed event/initiative organized by 30 September 2021,
- or a general diversity activity for the year 2021.
We pay particular attention to the following criteria when evaluating the applications:
1. effective and creative representation of the values of the Diversity Charter,
2. the range and number of participants (employees, partners) involved in corporate initiative,
3. the extent of support for sustainable diversity values at company level.
Formal requirements for the application
- maximum 5 pages
- language: Hungarian
- image(s) of the initiative which can be shared
When describing your organization’s diversity activities, please include
- the total number of people in the organization and the number of people actively involved in the initiative;
- how the organization’s activities relate to the initiative;
- the (planned) timetable and location of the initiative;
- the target group of the initiative;
- description and quantification of the results of the initiative;
- a detailed description of the innovative solutions related to the initiative;
- the impact of the initiative.
Conflict of interests:
a) any person who is involved in the application procedure as a contributor or decision-maker
b) a close relative of a person referred to in point (a)
c) a company owned by a person referred to in point (a)
d) a business company, foundation, social organization, church or trade union in which the person referred to in point (a) is a senior director, member of the governing body or organization of the foundation, an officer or member of the administrative or representative body of the social organization, an employee or a contractual partner.
Members of the jury:
Zsuzsa Gárdus - Managing Director / Jobsgarden Kft.
Dr. Attila Nemes - Plant Manager / Michelin Hungária Kft.
András Volom - President / V4SDG
The President of the jury on request.
Please submit the completed applications to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: 29 October, 2021
Evaluation of applications
The jury will evaluate the formally compliant and substantively suitable applications by comparing the program assigned to the activities of the organization and by ranking the received applications.
The Business Life for Diversity Award will be presented during HBLF’s end-of-the-year event on the 9th of December in 2021. The Award will be presented by the President of the Jury and the President of HBLF. The results will be published on the website, but the submitted materials will be treated confidentially. We will briefly present the winning tenders in the European Charter newsletter and its best practices on HBLF platforms.
Congratulations to the 2020 award winners!
2020 Diversity Week events/initiatives - "Hidden Prejudices", "Cultural Diversity", "Conscious Acceptance", "At Peace with Ourselves", "My Self - Employee Website
Citibank Europe plc. Hungary
Diversity event/initiative to run until 30 September 2020 - Citi Reverse Mentoring
2020 General Diversity Activity - Praktiker and the Kapcsok Foundation: a link in sensitization, a link in development and a link between future employees
COVID-19 award to support the fight against the epidemic:
MOL Hungarian Oil and Gas Plc. - MOL For Each Other - Caring is what drives us now
We wish you good luck!
Hungarian Business Leaders Forum
1067 Budapest, Podmaniczky utca 31., 3. emelet/18
Tel: (+36-1) 330-9985 | Fax: (+36-1) 330-9985 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org| Internet: www.hblf.hu