Call for applications for the Environment Award 2021.
Application deadline: 12th of November, 2021
Does your organisation operate in an environmentally responsible way and the case play a prominent role in your corporate mission?
Have your company successfully introduced a new product, service or production technology that contributes to sustainable development?
Have you established a business partnership with a company or other organisation in a developing country with the aim of promoting environmental and technological progress?
Apply for the „Business Life for the Environment Award” presented by the Hungarian Business Leaders Forum
The Hungarian Business Leaders Forum (HBLF) has been a non-profit organisation dedicated to responsible corporate governance for 29 years. HBLF is bringing together domestic and international companies, business leaders and recognized experts. Beyond our member companies, domestic businesses also make independent and collective efforts for the environmental protection and sustainable development. In recognition of this practice, HBLF established the "Business Life for the Environment" environmental award (hereinafter: the Award) in 2000.
The Award, which is announced in an open call for applications, can be given to an organisation with an outstanding commitment to the protection of the environment, and its environmental and economic performance in related activities is exemplary and has implemented a specific project to protect our environment in the years before the applications and in the current years (2019-2021). A project can also be part of a long-term process, if its individual results can be well demonstrated.
2. The purpose of the Award
Presenting the Award, the Founder intends to promote the importance of environmental protection, the idea of sustainable development, the spread of environmentally responsible management and, in this context, the fight against climate change.
The Award and the publicity will provide an opportunity for those who have directly or indirectly played an outstanding role in environmental protection to present their achievements to a broader audience.
The Award is open to businesses registered in Hungary that have been operating for 2-3 years and have:
· a written form of environmental policy, strategy or philosophy and
· other achievements in the field of environmental protection, which differ from its core business.
The deadline for applications is the 12th of November 2021.
with maximum 5 pages
in Hungarian, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Form of the application
The organisations can apply by presenting their environmental activities and achievements in the previous 1-3 years. In order to get to know the applying organisations more precisely and to evaluate the programs, it is essential to provide the following information with the application. (Applications longer than 5 pages will not be considered.)
Mandantory formal elements of the application
4.1. Company brochure / Introduction
A short description of the main activities of the organisation (maxmimum 1 page).
It must include: a summary of the main activities, the names of the main products or services, other relevant information about the organisation for the years of 2019-2021 (the information provided will be treated confidentially and will not be disclosed to third parties).
4.2 A short description about the environmental activities of the organisation
Please prepare the application in one of the following topics.
1. Management: a company whose outstanding mission and vision enable it to continuously improve its results in terms of environmental aspects of sustainable development.
2. Product: the development and successful market introduction of a new product or service that makes an outstanding contribution to sustainable development.
3. Processes: the development and introduction of new, innovative production technology while maximising sustainability.
4. International business cooperation: business cooperation promoting sustainable development through technology transfer, environmental protection, product or service development, improvement of working conditions with companies, NGOs or the scientific sector in developing countries.
5. Business and biodiversity: involves a successful business model, management system, product and service or international cooperation that contributes significantly to halting biodiversity loss and supporting natural ecosystems.
6. Business and Education for Sustainability: a program that has paid particular attention to education or has innovatively and effectively shaped the thinking of stakeholders (e.g. employees, customers).
Applicant organisations shall present their environmental activities and achievements in these categories.
5. Evaluation of the application
The formally compliant and substantively suitable applications are evaluated by the members of the jury by comparing the environmental program assigned to the activities of the organisation and by ranking the received applications.
Members of the jury
The President of the Jury:
Dr. Barbara Botos - Deputy Minister of State for Climate Policy / Ministry of Innovation and Technology
Members of the jury:
Prof. Dr. Gyula Bándi - Deputy Comissioner for the Interests of Future Generations / Office of the Comissioner for Fundamental Rights
Karolina Czakó - Project Coordinator / Blue Planet Climate Protection Foundation
The announcement of the results and the award ceremony is expected to take place on the 9th of December in 2021. The Award will be presented by the President of the Jury and the President of HBLF. We will publish the results of the application on the website of HBLF, but the submitted materials will be treated confidentially.
7. Conflict of interest
Conflict of interest exists between:
a. Any person who is involved in the application procedure as a contributor or decision-maker,
b. a close relative of a person referred to in point (a),
c. a company owned by a person referred to in point (a),
d. a business company, foundation, social organisation, church or trade union in which the person referred to in point (a) is a senior director, a member of the governing body of the foundation, an official or a member of the administrative or representative body of the social organisation, an employee or a contractual partner.
We wish you good luck!
Hungarian Business Leaders Forum
1067 Budapest, Podmaniczky utca 31., 3. emelet/18
Tel: (+36-1) 330-9985 | Fax: (+36-1) 330-9985 | E-mail: email@example.com| Internet: www.hblf.hu